Friday, October 14, 2011

Loins


A couple of weeks ago, M and I picked up some pork loin chops from TJ's for around $5.00 and whip up some pork chops for dinner.  I let M handle it because I tend to overcook meat out of fear that it's not cook through. M goes with his feeelings with the doneness and he's usually right.  For the marinade, M used whatever he found in my cabinet: soy sauce, corn starch, agave nectar, mirin. I'm sure I'm forgetting some things because there were many many bottles on the counter.  He pan fried it after half an hour of the chops sitting in sauce and threw in some beer for extra flavor and it was tres yummy!  The following week, I picked up some pork loin chops (thin cuts) from the neighborhood market and the result was not even close!  The second try produced dry, chewy, bland pieces of pork.  So disappointed.  We think it's because of the higher fat content and thickness of the TJ's pork that held on the the flavor.  The prices were about the same so Trader Joe's will be where we get our pork from from now on.


Yummy, juicy pork chops from TJ.













No comments:

Post a Comment