Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Sunday for doing healthy, active things like eating.

Last Sunday...

We finally made up our minds to try bikram yoga.  Yes, even in this 100 weather.  I was browsing the internet for food deals last week, as usual, and came cross a yoga deal.  They were offering a free intro class at Bikram Yoga LES.  To my dismay, the class starts at 1pm so we had to scrap our much anticipated dim sum plans in Flushing.  We headed to Chinatown early that day and went to Vanessa's Dumpling House for some Beijing street food.  The chives and pork dumplings were pretty good but the skin was too thick for my liking  (8 for $2.5).  The wontons soup ($1.25) had the smoothest wontons I've ever had and was quite delicious!  The noodles with sauce is just what it is: noodles with sauce ($3).  It was steaming when it came out and was too hot to eat on a hot hot day.  I imagine it would be yummy in the Winter months.



After filling our bellies with carbs, we went to Bikram Yoga.  I'll keep this short.  I'm never going to bikram anything ever again!  The yoga studio is nice tho.  I would recommend it to anyone who likes to exercise in stifling heat.

From LES, we walked to Chinatown central and ate at the recently renovated Nom Wah Tea Parlor.  The nephew of the owner refreshed the decor while keeping old school.  Here're are some drool-worthy pictures.




RECAP of last Sunday:
Malaysian Beef Jerky

No comments:

Post a Comment